Appium 1.15 Released
Appium 1.15 is out! Check out my highlights from the changelog below, my comments in italics:
--base-path server argument to set a custom route prefix #13079. This means you don't have to have your Appium server running at "/wd/hub" anymore if you don't want to!
- Make it possible to start server without an app or a package id using UiAutomator2 and XCUITest #337 #195
- Internally, WebDriverAgent, UiAutomator2 and Espresso servers operate only through W3C spec protocol. Yay, no more old protocols floating around!
- Support iOS 13/Xcode 11. iOS 13 release is huge
- Settings (these can all be toggled to different values throughout the course of the test)
activeAppDetectionPoint #215 #218
- New capabilities
- Remove some third-party dependencies (this is big news because we no longer need to install these dependencies on the system to automate real iOS devices--all we need is Appium!)
- Add ability to automate split screen applications #214 #215 #204 (Split screen apps are a new important category of iOS app we need to be aware of)
async execute to not need CORS (works for real and simulated devices) #1063 (this is nice because we used to have to disable CORS protection on the Appium server to get async execute working).
- Default Chromedriver version is
- Add server feature to enable automated Chromedriver downloads #548. Hooray, no more going and downloading Chromedriver manually!
- New capabilities
waitForLaunch #556 #327
ensureWebviewsHavePages #553. Sometimes you can get webviews that don't actually have pages and aren't automatable by Chromedriver, so this prevents them from showing up in the context list.)
There's lots more to the changelog; these are just the bits I felt like calling out. Check out the rest here! And as always, you can get the latest simply with
npm install -g appium!